Everything You Need to Know about keeping the house clean in winter
Winter season is almost here. Preparations for the festive season i.e. Christmas is in full swing. From thorough cleaning of your home to decorations, there is a lot of tasks to accomplish in your to-do list.
The first thing to do, before the arrival of winter season is to thoroughly clean your home. Keep in mind that you will be staying at your place during the winter holiday season. Hence, plan how exactly you want your home to look like. You can start from the living room and come all the way to your kid’s room.
The Mandatory Winter Home Cleaning Guide 101:
Because it is good to go by the book!
Before you actually start that winter cleaning marathon, first things first!
You must decide whether you want a do-over or just some necessary changes and then proceed from there.
- The best practice is to start with the closets. Once you are done with the custom of replacing you cupboard with warm clothes, take a closer look. If there is a mess in there, it needs to get cleaned right before winter falls in.
- During winters, you might enter the house with a lot of snow on your boots. You can clean them before entering the house or put another pair of shoes at your doorstep.
- Try to make a habit of washing your carpet before and after the cold climate is over. This practice will help to ensure a good lifespan of your carpet.
- Make a routine of vacuuming and using dry mops in order to keep the surface dry whether it is a carpet or a floor.
- The most important thing is to thoroughly wash your windows and doors. This is something you won’t prefer to do during the snowfalls.
- The first choice of many people is to get rid of nasty smells that are present in the kitchen, bathrooms, and storerooms. There are tons of house cleaning hacks that you can apply to get a fresh vibe during winters.
- If you want your floors to shine bright like a diamond, you need to buy some effective chemical cleaners. Cleaning your floors with these cleaners will help to kill the germs and give them a shiny and bright look.
- During winter season, try to keep your house dust free. Make sure to clean your ceilings from fumes of the furnace.
- The prospect of a clean air should not be ignored at any cost. So, have your chimneys cleaned to minimize the risk of a fire.
- Furthermore, you can place mats at every door of your house. This will ensure that the mud that enters with you doesn’t make its way to the whole house.
Honestly, it takes a lot to clean your house for winters as compared to summers. The best way to get started is to plan deep clean process to detoxify all key areas of your house be it the garage, storerooms or your garden. In this way, the exquisiteness of your place will remain maintained whenever your family members visit you during the holidays!